1. Submit your completed enrolment form below.
2. We will acknowledge receipt of your signed application and issue an invoice. This will generally occur on the business day following receipt of your application.
3. It is strongly suggested that all students obtain relevant insurance cover prior to travelling to Japan.
4. When you receive your invoice, send full fees in Japanese Yen, including all optional service fees. Payment may be made by bank transfer.
5. You must pay fees in full no later than 4 weeks before your course commencement date to confirm your place.
6. Notify us immediately of any changes to your proposed course start date by contacting [email protected] HOMESTAY, CARER & AIRPORT PICK-UP SERVICES
1. If you wish to use our Homestay service, you should apply at least 4 weeks before your intended arrival in Japan to allow us adequate time to find the most suitable accommodation for you.
2. If you require us to arrange or approve a carer for a student under 18 years of age, at least 4 weeks’ notice is required.
3. Provide us with your flight details (flight number, date & time of arrival) 4 weeks before you arrive.
4. We will aim to confirm your homestay details (and airport pick-up if requested) 2 weeks prior to arrival.
5. If you give us less than 48 hours’ notice of any changes to your flight details, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to make the necessary changes to your airport pick-up and /or homestay arrangements and you may incur additional costs.
6. We do not guarantee that homestay accommodation can be arranged at short notice. We reserve the right to temporarily place you in hotel accommodation at your own cost on your arrival in Japan, until such time as we are able to secure a homestay placement. CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
1. In the absence of any agreement to the contrary, your place in a course will not be confirmed until fees are received for the initial study period and our bank has confirmed your payment.
2. Cancellations are not effective until they are received in writing.
3. The registration fee is not refundable.
4. If you are not granted a visa, all fees except the registration fee will be refunded within 4 weeks of Lexis Japan receiving written notification.
5. If you cancel your course 28 days or more before your course commencement date, all fees received except the registration fee will be refunded. If you cancel your course less than 28 days before your course commencement date, a cancellation fee of 20% of paid tuition fees will apply. No tuition fees will be refunded if you advise cancellation on or after your course commencement date.
6. If you defer the date of commencement of your course, then later cancel your course prior to the new commencement date, the cancellation policy will apply from the original course start date, not the deferred start date.
7. If you cancel your accommodation and/or airport transfer 4 weeks before your commencement date, the Accommodation Placement Fee and/or Airport Transfer Fee are not refundable. You may also be liable for 4 weeks’ accommodation fees.
8. If you shorten your homestay booking after you start the accommodation service, a cancellation fee of 5 weeks of homestay accommodation fees will apply.
9. If you wish to cancel your Student House or Apartment accommodation, we require written notice 5 weeks prior to check-out date. Any unused fees after the 5 week notice period are refundable.
10. Should you extend your accommodation in Shinzaike Student House, an Accommodation Placement Fee will apply to your extension of accommodation.
11. Where we do not offer an advertised course, or withdraw the delivery of the course prior to its completion, you will be offered within 2 weeks a refund of the unused portion of course fees paid to date. Alternatively, you may be offered a suitable alternative course at no extra cost.
You have the right to choose a refund or the offer of placement in another course. Acceptance of any offer must be confirmed in writing within 30 days of the offer being made.
12. Applications for refunds must be in writing and addressed to the Registrar – Lexis Japan.
13. Any refunds payable under this policy (with the exception those payable under Clause 9) will be made within 4 weeks of receiving the written refund application.
14. Refunds will only be paid in the same currency in which fees were collected, and paid to the person who entered into the contract. We require written direction from the student to refund to another party.
15. Lexis Japan may make reasonable variations to the delivery of programs e.g.: course times, timetables, classrooms. Students will be provided with reasonably advanced notice should this occur and will have the opportunity to access the internal complaints and appeals process should they feel disadvantaged by any such variation.
16. In all cases of suspension and/or expulsion due to non-compliance with the Student Code of Conduct, no refund of monies paid to the College will be made unless required by law.
17. These regulations may be waived only in exceptional circumstances by the Executive Management of the college at their absolute discretion.